Dr Marika Lahtinen
Chartered Counselling Psychologist
• From the moment we are born we interact and experience our world. Our psychology is determined in a great extent by these interactions and experiences, how we interpret, internalise, integrate, learn and, in the case of bad ones, how we overcome them.
• I am a chartered Counselling Psychologist helping people to understand and overcome their psychological difficulties.
• I offer therapy for depressive and anxiety disorders. Therapy is tailored to the individual. I have been trained in both Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and psychodynamic/psychoanalytic therapy and, in consultation with the clients, select the appropriate therapeutic frame that is tailored to their needs, their presenting difficulty and circumstances.
• I also offer therapy for SMOKING Cessation. I use a combination of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, relaxation and mindfulness helping people overcome their habit.
• The main models I use in my work are mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)