Chartered Counselling Psychologist
• I have worked in both NHS and private settings and have expertise in helping people address a range of difficulties.
• My way of working can be considered integrative in that I will draw from a number of evidence based approaches to tailor the work to the clients needs.
• Some of the approaches I draw from include Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT), Mindfulness and Short Term Psychodynamic therapy.
• As part of my ongoing personal development I have completed a three year core training in ISTDP (Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy), accredited by the IEDTA (International Experiential Dynamic Therapy Association)
• The ISTDP approach is interactive with the therapist operating more like a coach, sometimes directing the area of focus and teaching you effective techniques to overcome your problems.
• I view therapy as a collaborative and interactive process underpinned by a real working relationship.
• Whatever your difficulty I will work together with you to help you achieve the changes that you seek