Chartered Counselling Psychologist
• My therapeutic approach is individualised for each client. In my work I draw on several approaches I trained in and applied in the NHS and mental health charities.
• I offer CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy) for depression and variety of anxiety disorders. It is a short-term therapeutic approach in which we pay particular attention to the thoughts and feelings contributing to the difficulties you seek therapeutic help for. We will set achievable goals and work collaboratively through the difficulties in attaining them.
• I also offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) and Focusing-oriented psychotherapy, especially when working with traumatic experiences. Both of these approaches focus on your body and its knowledge in helping you regain control and find optimal ways of functioning.
• Regardless of the model we are going to draw upon in working together, I believe in the importance of facilitating a safe environment for you to share the difficulties you seek support for and forging a helpful therapeutic relationship.
• I am available for work with adults in English and Russian.